“Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” — Oprah Winfrey“
Lazy days are coming. The leaves are starting to change, and days are getting shorter. This is the season to manage your energy properly to avoid emotions such as high anxiety, frustration, exhaustion, and other emotions that can compromise your health.
When you know how to maintain your energy your emotions will be peaceful, connected, and positive. The outlook you experience when you have energy to be productive and enjoy life can make a world of difference in your current and future health.
It’s not news that there is never enough time in a day to get things done, so we exist as multi-taskers. For example, this past weekend I was cooking gumbo for a dear friend that I’m thankful to have in my life, when another friend called with a dilemma. Her crisis became my disaster which resulted in a burned roux, double work, extra pots, and too much stress. My guest called and politely inquired if there was anything he needed to pickup. I jumped at the opportunity and gave him a list which included scallions (which I banked on it taking effort to find). What an energy saver! This bought me enough time to exhale, finish the gumbo, and answer the door looking fabulous, despite my physical and mental fatigue.
Personal energy management techniques can help produce a more natural energy and one that’s healthier for you. When you focus on the physical ways to produce energy, it serves you better than trying to get things done using ways that leave you mentally and physically depleted.
Here are some simple ways to enjoy better health by managing your personal energy:
- Get rid of energy drainers. An energy drainer might be in the form of a task or a person. Assess the people around you and distance yourself from those who leave you exhausted when you leave their presence.
- Dance. Take a lesson from children — move your body to some hiphop rhythms and reenergize your body and mind. Just a few minutes of dancing around the room will give you much needed positive energy.
- Learn and practice a ‘healing’ art. Energy healing sessions such as Tai Chi and Reiki are especially great for renewing the energy levels of your mind, body and spirit so that you feel better and enjoy a healthier lifestyle.
- Discover what makes you happy. You may not be able to do what makes you happy 24/7, but you can rejuvenate your body and mind by engaging in those activities on a regular basis. You may enjoy Hallmark movies, cooking, reading, watching, or playing sports. Whatever, do what makes you happy and enjoy better health.
- Nourish your spiritual side. Take some time out of every day to nourish your spirit by a number of ways. You can commune with nature by gardening or walking or even just sitting in a park listening to the sounds of nature. Take this time to meditate and search through your soul until you feel rejuvenated.
Many times we forget that keeping healthy isn’t just about diet and exercise. Wisely managing our energy and a positive attitude can do wonders for our health.